One of the most effective ways of sharing the Gospel is via the written word. Many of the Apostles, including Matthew, John and Paul, had very powerful writing ministries. Today, with the advent of the Internet and digital technologies, it is easier than ever to self publish. In fact, if you can use a computer you can publish your own book!
Self publishing provides the following benefits:
- Gives authors more control over their work.
- Digital books and print-on-demand (POD) technology allow authors to self-publish with little or no upfront costs.
- Books get to the press quicker by avoiding the lengthy publication process involved with traditional publishers.
- Digital books allow for electronic distribution via the Internet and the potential for reaching a much wider audience.
- Many print-on-demand firms use digital technology to reduce costs and publish high quality products at economical, fixed prices.
- E-books providing interactive features (such as audio, video, and connectivity to reading groups) are becoming a big part of today’s self publishing revolution!
- E-readers like the iPad, Kindle, and Nook are creating an increasing demand for e-books and other digital content, especially Faith Based material. Btw, have you noticed how many people are now reading digital books, including the Bible, on their cell phones?
- Finally, you can also self publish other digital media including music, videos, and ringtones!
So how do you get started with self publishing? I definitely recommend you check out the following:
- How To Self-Publish A Book, e How
- 6 Ways To Publish Your Own Book, Mashable
- Why Print-on-Demand May Be The Right Publishing Solution For You, Associated Content
- How To Self-Publish An Ebook, cnet.com
- Book Marketing 101 – Where To Start, Selling Books
- 5 Ebook Trends That Will Change The Future Of Publishing, Mashable
- How To Market A Self Published Book, eHow
- How To Sell Your Self-Published Book, Selling Books
- How To: Get Started With Your New Amazon Kindle, Mashable
- SOCIAL MEDIA AND MINISTRY Sharing The Gospel In The Digital Age, E-Book
How has self publishing benefited your ministry?
Until next time, remember, you can do all things thru Christ Jesus!