The best and brightest thinkers in the social media and ministry space have been very busy during the first month of 2013. Before sharing my recommendations for the top ten January 2013 stories, here are a few suggestions for those involved in church social media:
- Develop or order a church app that people can download to their smartphones. Mobile continues to be a real leader in the digital space.
- With increasing numbers of people accessing the Internet from their smartphones (a trend that will only accelerate) make sure your website is mobile friendly.
- Consider using QR codes to communicate more information in a smaller space.
- Pinterest and related visual platforms continue to rapidly grow in popularity. Be sure you have a presence there.
- Vine video is the new kid on the block! Think – Instagram for video! Vine presents tremendous potential for ministry use. So, check it out!
- The social network Slideshare continues to experience rapid growth. Don’t sleep on it!
Now, to the top 10 stories:
Church Social Media 2013 Predictions - Tweetchat #chsocm
Tech and Bold Goals for 2013 - Tweetchat #ChSocM
21 Social Media Predictions for 2013 From the Pros - SocialMedia Examiner
Build Your Platform This Year: Check These 7 Steps - ChurchLeader
Accessing the Bible With 21st Century Technology - Algemeiner
Episode 30: Meredith Gould - Social Media Church - Podcast D J Chuang
8 Leadership Lessons From Martin Luther King, Jr. - Michael Hyatt – Podcast
Mobile Apps and Sites are Now - iChurch Method
How to Be Involved In Your Church’s Internet Ministry If You’re Not the Pastor – Internet Toolbox for Churches
Fly or Die: Vine - TechCrunch
To stay on top of the latest news and developments in the Social Media and Ministry space check out the new daily church social media publication, SOCIAL MEDIA and MINISTRY NEWS.
Which church social media stories from January 2013 would make your Top 10 list?
Until next time, remember, you can do all things thru Christ Jesus!