Social media is an incredible tool for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Here are ten (10) ways Facebook can help grow a ministry.
1. Use Facebook’s Fan Page as your church/ministry’s website.
2. Advertise and promote your church’s services, special events and message on Facebook’s Fan Page.
3. Use Facebook to reach the sick and shut in, those without transportation, people working 3rd shifts, and others by linking videos of praise and worship, sermons, etc. on your FB Fan Page.
4. Use Facebook to recruit volunteers for church ministries and activities.
5. Use Facebook to receive and answer prayer requests.
6. Use Facebook to communicate with church staff/team members, as well as to gather valuable feedback from staff and members.
7. Click on the “Events” link on Facebook and “Create An Event”. Complete and submit the information form. Invite your Facebook friends/fans.
8. Stay connected with your church’s youth group and other ministries through Facebook updates/ Fan page.
9. Those on your church’s mission trips can use Facebook to remotely post information and photos of daily activities, accomplishments, and challenges. This enables people back home to “see” what’s going on, and encourages them to support and pray for the missions team.
10. Use Facebook as a fund-raising tool to help meet your church’s financial needs.
For more ideas and information on how Facebook can help grow your ministry check out the following insightful articles:
How is your church using Facebook to help strengthen and grow the ministry?
Until next time, remember, you can do all things through Christ Jesus!