This year Christmas arrives on a Saturday! Can you believe there are only 22 days left until Christmas Day?
A question some are asking is: Is it too late for a church to begin planning a Christmas service? No, absolutely not!
However, there are some key things to keep in mind:
- You only have 2-3 weeks to work with. Don’t try to pull off a big spectacular that you don’t have the time or resources to produce!
- Decide on an appropriate theme, for example “A Family Christmas” (the model being Jesus, Mary and Joseph), “The Joy of Christmas!”, etc.
- Advertise your Christmas service on your church’s website highlighting your theme.
- Invite your friends and followers to your Christmas service from your Facebook and Twitter pages!
- Create a video promo or post a video on YouTube extending an invitation to your Christmas service.
- Mail out Christmas cards inviting the community to your Christmas service!
- Think inside the box. Maximize the resources you do have and don’t worry about what you don’t have!
- Be creative with your Christmas service! However, it’s also OK to go traditional with Christmas carols and candles.
- A traditional Christmas service can be held on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or the Sunday nearest Christmas.
- Remember your Christmas guests! Make them feel welcome, and give them a reason to return!
- Finally, tell the Christmas story of the birth of Jesus! He is the reason for the season! Relate the story from the Gospel of Luke 2:1-20!
And let me be the first to wish all of my loyal readers a Blessed and Very Merry Christmas!!!
What type of Christmas service have you planned this year?
Until next time, remember, you can do all things thru Christ Jesus!