Today everyone has a cell phone! And it seems people are on their cell all the time – on the street, in the line at the supermarket, even at church!
And they’re not just talking. They’re texting, tweeting, taking pictures or videos, reading books, and updating their Facebook status. And to cellphones, you can now add the iPad and a host of other mobile devices on which people are connecting and engaging!
However, the mobile platform has tremendous potential for helping to fulfill the Great Commission. Mobile devices are highly personal, rapidly deployed, and universally embraced! And there are nealy 5 billion mobile units already in use worldwide!
Mobile ministry can be defined as connecting and engaging people with the message, mission, and community of Jesus Christ through personal, mobile technology. Every unreached person, wherever they are in the world, now has a better chance to encounter Christ and His Kingdom, in creative and compelling ways, through their personal mobile devices!
Here are a few reasons why mobile ministry is so important:
- Mobile is everywhere. It is the most ubiquitous media device in the world with nearly 5 billion users!
- Mobile can provide Gospel access to hundreds of millions of people outside the reach of the Internet or other media.
- The mobile device is highly personal and a great way to share the Gospel in a more personal way.
- Mobile is one of the most economical means of Christian content creation and distribution.
- Research shows the majority of Internet usage will be via mobile devices by 2015!
For all the above reasons, the Church definitely cannot afford to sleep on mobile ministry as a very effective vehicle for accelerating Kingdom growth!
For more inormation on mobile ministry check out the following:
How are you using mobile devices for the glory of God?
Until next time, remember, you can do all things thru Christ Jesus!