The personal website is a new form of personal and professional expression. It is different from the company website or the church web page. This website provides a more personal connection to your audience and allows more of your personality and creativity to shine through!
Many individuals online maintain a presence at a number of different social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. It can be helpful to create a convenient, single destination to direct all your contacts: a personal website! Some refer to this as their homebase, or personal online headquarters. For example, my personal website is Kennethlillard.com.
A personal website provides the following benefits:
- Provides a platform from which you can clearly communicate your message directly to your target audience
- Allows your biographical information, resume(s), personal videos, and blog posts to be displayed
- Great for brand marketing of your ministry events and products, including books, dvd’s, speaking engagements, etc.
- Accessible 24/7 to everyone in the world who has an Internet connection
- Provides a location for a great Splash Page! (A page mostly or entirely taken up by a single image or panel.)
- Provides links to all your other web locations
- Allows you to creatively express yourself and your ministry’s message!
There are free personal webpages available at social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. However, for more personalized websites check out the following:
- Joel Osteen Ministries
- Going Beyond Ministries
- Design And Build An Attractive Homepage with Flavors.me
- The Gates Notes
- John Maxwell On Leadership
How has your personal website benefited your ministry?
Until next time, remember, you can do all things thru Christ Jesus!