Can you believe the year has flown by already? Yes, it’s true! As we close out 2015, what better time than now to take a look back at the top Church and Social Media stories that have shone in the social media spotlight this year.
2015 has, definitely, been a very busy, challenging, and exciting year in church social media. Some of the major developments we’ve witnessed this year have revolved around: 1) the impact of social issues on church social media; 2) the emergence of mobile live streaming technology, especially the increasing popularity of the Periscope and Meerkat apps; and 3) the steady adaptation and implementation of the latest technology, and social media strategies and tools by today’s churches and ministries as they continue to evolve in the Digital Age.
The following compilation includes social media posts highlighting very practical information that can be readily applied by church social media practitioners. So, here are my picks for the top church social media #churchsocialmedia #chsocm stories of 2015:
- 3 Mistakes Churches Make with Social Media – ChurchTechToday.com
- 3 Reasons I Love My Tablet – ChurchMag
- 3 Surprising Facts About Churches on Social Media – TonyMorganLive.com
- 4 Predictions For Online Church in 2016 and Beyond – TonyMorganLive.com
- 4 Things Your Church Website Must Do – ChurchMag
- 4 Tips to Keep Teens Engaged in Church – ChurchTechToday.com
- 4 Ways Churches Should Be Using Text Messaging – ChristianMedia Magazine
- 5 Easy Tips for Using Periscope in Ministry – ChurchMag
- 5 Reasons to Record and Post Sermons Online – Church Media Blog
- 5 Tips for Periscoping Your Church Service – Nils Smith
- 5 Tips for Promoting Your Church on Facebook – pastors.com
- 5 Ways to Market Your Church Using Pinterest – ChurchTechToday.com
- 5 Ways Social Media Can Help Churches Connect at Christmas – ChurchPlants
- 5 Ways to Use Google Hangouts on Air for Ministry – lifeway.com
- 6 Church Live Streaming Best Practices – ChurchTechToday.com
- 6 Steps to Creating An Effective Guest Follow-up System – ChurchTechToday.com
- 6 Ways Churches Can Use Instagram – JoshBlankenship/ Church Media Made Easy
- 6 Ways to Use Mobile Technology to Power Up Your Spiritual Life / Valorie Burton – thebridge.att.net
- 7 Keys to an Effective Church Social Media Strategy – factsandtrends.net
- 7 Online Church Trends We Have Seen in 2015 – TonyMorganLive.com
- 8 Things Christians Need to Do More on Social Media – Relevant Magazine
- 8 Tips to Get Your Church Started with Twitter – Internet Toolbox for Churches
- 9 Books Every Leader Should Read – Time.com
- 9 Fascinating Facts About People Who Attend Megachurches – Leadership Network
- 9 Steps to Engaging Your Church Through Facebook – Ministry Communicators Association
- 9 Technology Podcasts I’m Enjoying Right Now – ChurchMag
- 10 Books Every Pastor Should Take on Vacation This Summer – ChurchLeaders.com
- 10 Fundamentals to a Creative Church YouTube Strategy – Nils Smith
- 10 Reasons Video Should Be on Your Radar in 2016 – ChurchTechToday.com
- 10 Reasons Why Pastors Should be on Social Media – ymsidekick.com
- 16 Seriously Impressive Gifts That Give Back This Holiday – mashable.com
- 21 Social Media Tips For Your Church – stevefogg.com
- 25 Must Listen to Christian Podcasts – TheologyDegrees.org
Well, that concludes Part 1 of our Church Social Media 2015 Year in Review. Stay tuned for Part 2. Would love to hear your top church social media #chsocm stories of 2015. Btw, for all the latest stories and developments in the church, technology, and social media space be sure to read SOCIAL MEDIA and MINISTRY NEWS each week!
Until next time, remember, you can do all things thru Christ Jesus!
Wishing You A Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!
Be Blessed Everyone,