YouVersion.com has provided a free app that makes over 40 translations of the Bible (in 22 languages) available for smart mobile phones. However, for many, this incredibly rich resource remains out of reach.
In our connected world of digital media there are information rich and information poor communities. Due to a lack of economic, educational, or infrastructure resources many Christians, churches, and others are being left out of very important conversations.
Many voices in information poor communities are being marginalized, and unfortunately, are not being heard. What can be done to bridge this digital divide? Here are a few suggestions:
- Provide free computer classes
- Help individuals access church, social service, and social media websites
- Many coffee shops provide free wi-fi connections. Why can’t churches do so?
- Provide info on free internet resources, e.g., public libraries, etc.
- Access/ provide free open source software
- Assist people in learning reading, writing and math skills
What other ways can ministries help to bridge the digital divide?
Until next time, remember, you can do all things thru Christ Jesus!